Tools > Drug Price Calculator
Welcome to the Alberta Drug Price Calculator. To start, enter your drug in the search bar below and click on the entry you want to calculate the price for. You may add multiple items at a time and print off a complete list in the end.
Please see notices on the bottom of the page for the assumptions made by the calculator.
|Tip:||You can enter fractions into the "Doses per Day" field using a "#/#" format. For example, 1 dose every 7 days can be entered as "1/7".|
|LCA:||Least Cost Alternative|
|MAC:||Maximum Allowable Cost|
|Click for additional medication information|
|Additional coverage criteria may apply|
|Medication not a benefit under selected insurance plan|
Print Medication Prices
Patient Name (Optional):
Drug Price Comparison
Disclaimers & Notices
This calculator is based off the prices listed off the Alberta Blue Cross Interactive Drug Benefit List (iDBL). While westrive to keep our information updated and accurate, there may be issues outside of our control. The data found on the iDBL will supersede anything reported here. We are not responsible for how this information is used - the following are considerations to make when using this website:
- To reduce the burden on the Alberta Blue Cross servers, we update this information weekly.
- Much of this information is automatically generated - this could result in inaccuracies in the data that we have not caught.
- Prices are calculated assuming that the pharmacy is charging the maximum amount allowed in the Alberta Blue Cross Pharmacy Services Agreement. Pharmacies may choose to charge less than these amounts when billing a third-party coverage. Pharmacies may choose to charge more than these amounts for patients paying out-of-pocket.
- The benefit information listed is only accurate for publically-funded Alberta Blue Cross insurance plans. While it may be applicable to other insurance plans, we cannot guarantee this. Other insurance plans may choose to cover different products at different prices.
- The prices generated when applying third party coverage cannot be guaranteed. We calculate these prices based on the information provided publically by Alberta Blue Cross, but this information may have changed since we last updated and there may be additional client costs/fees that we are unaware of (e.g. deductibles, plan maximums).
If you have any questions, concerns, or wish to report an error, please contact us.
Third Party Coverage Calculations
|Third Party Coverage||Coverage Details|
|Non-Group Coverage (Group 1)||
|Coverage for Seniors (Group 66)|
|Palliative Coverage (Group 20514)|
|Income Support (Group 19823)||
|Alberta Human Services (AISH) (Group 19823A)|
|Children and Youth Services (Group 19824)|
|Alberta Child Health Benefit (Group 20400, 20401, 20402)|
|Child and Family Services (Group 20403)|
|Learners Program (Group 22128)|
|Alberta Adult Health Benefit (AAHB) (Group 23609)|